Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Meniscus Trouble...Oh NO!

I went to visit Dr. Rabbit-yes that his real name :) today and an Xray & Cortisone shot later = a scheduled MRI for Saturday & SURGERY very soon! Yikes - I fell twice in the ice 2 winters ago & had my knee checked out then but there was no tear at the time. About 3 weeks ago I started having intense knee pain on and off. My friend Tara recommended Dr. Rabbit (who is excellent). So after a very large shot this morning into the knee, I am now wearing a Patella Knee Brace and hobbling a little but :(

here is a bit about the Meniscus...

How do I know my meniscus is torn?
Most tears of the meniscus lead to knee pain in the area of the tear, on the inside or outside of the knee. Swelling of the knee may also occur. Occasionally, locking of the knee can occur, when the meniscus gets wedged inside the knee. Pain and instability caused by the meniscus tear can also cause the knee to buckle or “give way”. Twisting activities usually worsen the symptoms.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That sounds exactly like a problem I'm having. My doctor told me I should get and MRI, but I'm avoiding it :(