Sunday, March 8, 2009

Garden Time...a growing challenge



Check out 1 Green Generation


I posted a link to this site a few posts back, but I didn't really blog about it. We're not taking the seed2seed challenge this year - I dont think - b/c we only just this weekend cleared out the garden beds and haven't really planned what we are going to plant yet. However, we are really interested in this and thought maybe you all would be too, and this i a good site to poke around.

I particularly enjoy reading the living locally section - especially the 10 steps to "living locally." Hope you'll read it and enjoy it too.

"We are so used to saying ‘if I can’t get it here, I can get it somewhere else’ but what if you just made your choice more often from what is available where you are?”

[Living locally is] “getting into a mindset where the first place you look for everything you need is from your own back yard (figuratively) outward. I think it’s about being present in your own community…. I think settling down enough to say ‘this is where I am, how I can I help make it better than it’s ever been’ is integral to living locally.”

No comments: