Sunday, December 7, 2008

Why do I suck at blogging???

seriously....it's like I just can't stay focused! I think my New Years resolution will be to blog at least once a week...well how about twice a month :)

So what is new with us? Well, as everyone already knows, we moved to a new house at the end of October. We've been painting and doing a few minor fixes around our new place. We painted our living room a beautiful (to us) chartreuse. It really looks great with our orange and dark brown furniture. The walls are pretty old and plaster, so it took several coats to get our tiny living room covered....and I think it still needs one more, but that's on hold.

Dining room we painted...wait for it...pink! ok I know you are probably wandering what the heck were we thinking, but the color actually looks great next to our black dining furniture - and it's not bubble gum pink, its a dark salmon. The world's smallest kitchen is a pale yellow - we knocked out part of the cabinets to move the fridge out of the way from the door to the basement (don't ask me why it was ever blocking the door to begin with). Next on our list is to change some light fixtures around, paint the master bedroom, paint the basement & install flooring down there too. Kevin ripped out some nasty carpet down there - covered in cat hair (I have a big cat allergy). Kevin also scrapped and sanded out upstairs banister (had about 60 years of paint built up on it).

We bought some new Christmas lights for our front porch (yay!) and will hang them up this weekend I hope!. I plan to take some good, new house photos and post them by next week. (I think I've said that at least twice already - but this time I PROMISE!)

2 comments:

K said...

can you please post pictures???...I am dying to see it because I know you are talented and it looks fabulous.

Layton said...

60 years of paint build up means lead paint! Kevin better be wearing a mask and cleaning up really well!

Sincerely,
Lead paint SPAZ

P.S. I'm convinced we're causing hadley brain damage every time we hammer a nail in the wall...ridiculous, I know.